Here's just a few random, more recent photo's. I lost my camera months ago so these are stolen from Amy's blog (thanks Amy for always having your camera and always taking pictures)
Okay, I had truly sworn off blogging. I don't know why other than it started to feel like one more thing I needed to get done and I was feeling overwhelmed, I guess. Anyhow, I truly just want record of my girls, our family and the wonderful moments I never want to forget. A few of those things.....
1) My 3 year old, Zoe,wants lipstick on every minute of the day. She is OBSESSED with it! If you have on a great color of lipstick you are immediately her very best friend. Clear lip-gloss or chapstick don't even come close to covering it. The brighter the better. I drop her off at pre-school last week and her teacher asks me, "Every time Zoe comes to school, she asks me for some lipstick, is it okay if I get her some so I can put it on her each day". Let me remind you, this is my 3 year old we're talking about.
2) Ellie comes in my room tonight and asks, "Does Heavenly Father answer questions?" I reply, "yes" and she says, "good because I just prayed and asked him to tell me how he got made. I told him he can take his time answering me, like tomorrow morning is fine." She is so perplexed about this question and thinks and asks about it often.
3) Ellie won the storytelling contest in her class last week and went on to do it in front of the school, Monday. It was so great. She did such a good job.
4) Last night I spent an hour being John Grogan (aka Owen Wilson) of the movie Marley and Me, while Zoe is Jenny (aka Jennifer Aniston), with a baby up her shirt and Ellie, yes my 6 year old, is Marley - the annoying dog who licks our faces and jumps on us. Zoe loves being the mom and talking to and taking care of her baby and Ellie loves being an animal. They are as different as night and day!
5) I walk in to the bathroom 2 nights ago and Ellie is scrubbing her mouth with soap. I ask what she's doing and she tells me she's washing her mouth out with soap. I ask why and she says, "because I can't get a bad word out of my head" WOW! Self induced punishment at the age of 6.
6) Zoe on the other hand, walks into the house and sees the Christmas tree and says, "Holy S@*t, that's a cute tree!"
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Posted by BriemTeam at 7:47 PM
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Every year without fail Matt gets animals for the girls around Easter. He thinks we live on a farm and we so don't. One year we got chicks, then a bunny, ducks, and chicks again this year. I'm at work and he texts me and says "were farmers again". I was sick. However, they have provided us and many others hours of entertainment and Ellie has loved them so much, she literally was awake the first few days at 6:00 ready to play with them. They're currently living in my basement (sick), but if we put them outside our cat will surely kill them. So down there, they'll stay until they get big enough to send out into the wild. No pics of Zoe with them, because as with all animals, she's scared to death.
Posted by BriemTeam at 7:05 PM
Posted by BriemTeam at 5:08 PM
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Posted by BriemTeam at 7:28 PM
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
We went to the dirtiest place on earth, Las Vegas, last weekend with Jake and Amy. We had such a great time! It's been forever since I've been there and will be a long time before I return. Although it was fun, the place is so full of filth and dirtiness!!! Makes coming back to Happy Valley feel like I've died and gone to Heaven. We did have fun though, we ate lots, went to a show, gambled a little (Matt a lot, it's a good thing we don't live there), shopped etc. etc. I've got the post vacation blues, so I better get planning my next one!
Posted by BriemTeam at 10:28 AM
Monday, January 12, 2009
I came home from work today and was talking to Ellie about her day. She never says much at that time, but stuff comes out later, at random times. She's lying in bed and begins to tell me that a boy named Miles, who sits on her table, has a crush on her. I ask her how she knows and she says, "because he's mean to me". Of course, that's my fault because I have explained to her in the past that when boys are mean to you, they usually have a crush on you. Well she continues to tell me that she told him today "I know you have a crush on me". He said, "no I don't" and she says, "yes you do, because your kind of mean and that means you like me". So funny! Then she tells me that Morgan (a mean little girl, who also sits at her table) and Miles were saying they don't like themselves and so Ellie began lecturing them both about how liking ourselves is what Heavenly Father wants us to do and they need to. I've decided that the best place in life to be is sitting at a Kindergarten table, having deep discussions about love and life. If I could only be a fly for a day!
Posted by BriemTeam at 8:26 PM
Thursday, January 8, 2009
We had a wonderful Christmas. We got everything we wanted and more. But the highlight was going to SLC the day after Christmas to stay overnight. My mom and Doug got 9 rooms at the Embassy Suites and all of us went up, saws 2 movies, swam, ate and played Blokus until all hours of the night. It was great. The best part about the holidays for me are being with family and giving to those in need. I know it sounds cheezy and generic but it's true.