Friday, April 25, 2008

Ellie's Funnies


Ellie says the funniest things and I've been meaning to get caught up on my journal writing and write down all the hilarious things she says, so I'll never forget them. I'm going to put them on my blog instead, as it's going to serve as my journal from here on out. Here are some:

1) After getting dressed and ready for school, she looked at me seriously and said, "Can you believe someone this cute, wears a pull-up to bed"

2) Matt gave her a corsage for Easter and she said to him, "That was sure nice of ya"

3) She's learned to swear (from her father of course) and about a year ago was trying to get her seatbelt on and said quietly, "I can't get this damn seatbelt on". Also on Conference Sunday a few weeks ago, she told Matt's mom that her dad says "Bulls%*t" She now replies, "so do cows but they don't brag about it".

4) After waking up at 6:30 a.m. and lying in bed with me (anyone who knows me knows I'm so not a morning person), I kept asking her to hold still, as me and Zoe were still asleep. After awhile, I suggested she get up and play until Zoe woke up. She packed her suitcase, including a variety of swimsuits, and headed to Jane's house at 7:45 a.m. without my knowing. I got a call from Julie asking if I knew Ellie was there with her suitcase, saying she needed to stay for awhile. She came home sobbing and said she'd ran away, because I was a mean mom for asking her to hold still in bed. That night in her prayers, she asked Heavenly Father to "help her mom, be a better mom" OUCH!

5) Matt asked her to get him a bowl of cereal and a drink (joking, because she's too young) and she came down and said to me, "Dad is treating my like I"m his slave"

6) After getting the new addition to our family (a black lab, thanks Matt) and me telling her she couldn't keep it and had to take it back, then feeling too bad and guilty and giving in she said, "you'll feel better in your heart for making this decision"
Is she good or what?


1 comments:

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Your daughter is something else! Her comments are a riot! After my shouting match with Zoe (GUY) the other night, I think she will be just like her sister in a few years. Thanks for the link love to my blog!!!