Monday, December 8, 2008

TO RUN OR NOT TO RUN????


I have run the Moab Half Marathon the past 2 years and it's given me the motivation I need to work out and get in shape. However after the last 1/2 I did (Hurricane) I made a pact with myself that I wasn't going to run another one for a very very long time (nice). It was hard and painful. However, I've gotten very lazy and inactive and am seriously considering registering, just to get myself moving again. Sad that I have to be signed up for a race to motivate myself, but it seems to be the only effective solution for me. I haven't done jack crap in months and it would be brutal to start training. However, it is a very beautiful run through the canyon and I love running with my friends Kat and Suz and going down with Maren, Nate and Matt. We've had a great time the past couple of years. Maybe the 5 mile instead of 13? Not sure, just throwing it out there. I think the reason I'm also making a public announcement about it on my blog, is another attempt to motivate myself. Sad!

2 comments:

Kerrilyn said...

I think you should totally do it. When is it? My sister wants me to do one....I am scared out my whits, but I really want to.

MARE-N-ATE said...

RUN IT!! RUN IT!! RUN IT!! Think how fun our trip always is!! We are going down NO MATTER WHAT!