Monday, June 30, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Okay, Julie tagged me, so here are 8 Random things about me:
1) In High School, I wanted to be a Hippie and follow the Grateful Dead. I went to several Dead concerts and went for months without shaving my armpits or legs!
2) My appendix ruptured when I was 8 years old (while my mom was perming my hair) and I spent 6 days in the hospital, with perfect curls!!!!
3) I desperately wanted to be a STARS dancer when I was younger (if you aren't familiar w/ Stars - come talk to me).
4) When I'm alone in the car I turn the music up and sing really loud ( and I think I'm good, although I've been told otherwise - thanks Alex!) - I imagine I'm performing in front of a large group of people.
5) I am allergic to everything. As a child I used to get allergy shots twice a week, which haven't done a dang bit of good! When Marsh and Bob get the least bit sick, they call me to see if my allergies are buggin me, that helps them determine if they have something or if it's just allergies.
6) I'm a bit O.C.D. I have to take my clothes out of the dryer just as they are finishing - while warm and fold them - this avoids having to iron and keeps clothes crisp and pressed! This means I'll often start the dryer several times to warm them, if I don't get to them in time. A serious energy waster, I know!
7) I went to Expo '86 in Canada in a Motor Home when I was 11 yrs. old, with my Mom, Grandma, Aunts, Cousins and Sisters - we nearly died on this trip.
8) I used to rock climb in high school and had dreams of being a professional. For graduation I got all the gear and went all the time. I haven't been in years, but would love to!

4 comments:

Amy said...

So I'm happy to say that I went to a few of the Grateful Dead concerts with you. I think we would have been great tree huggin grateful dead followin hippies! And yes it is 2:15 in the morning, what in the world???? Good job on the post and have fun at work.

Adam and Julie said...

Thanks for doung that Myken. I found out a lot I didn't know about you. That was awesome! Loved the post about the dog, she was so cute.

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

I love all of the updates. And by the way, you have the voice of an angel! Though I can't stand Lagoon, I'm kinda wishing that I would've taken you up on your invite. It looks like you had fun. On another note, I loved Ellie's comment about the worms. I died laughing when I read that. So funny!

... said...

Myken! How random to find you on blogspot. Ha. It was chance or fate or something awesome like that. I haven't seen you since that great day at the gym and you are one hot mom!