Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Sad and Happy Day!!!




Okay, so about 4 months ago, I went out with my friend Julie and Matt was going to take the girls to see my Uncle Jeff's puppies. I threatened his life if he brought one home! I came home and while punching in the code to open my garage door, I hear a whining puppy. I'm furious!!!! I go in the garage and in the smallest box is a black lab, sitting on top of our bunny "Hopper" with a stuffed animal bear of Ellie's (to help her from missing her mom and crying all night). I couldn't believe it. The next day, I calmly sat Ellie down and explained to her how desperately the dog wanted to be back with her mom and that's why she cried all night (keeping me awake)! I told her we were taking it back and we could visit it whenever we wanted. I had the thing in the truck and Ellie sobbed like a baby. Of course, at this point, Matt's saying "you can take her back, I don't care". Right, how do I do that to Ellie now! So mean. Gave in and told her we could keep her if she would pick up her poop, walk her daily and feed her. Of course she agreed. The fun lasted about 2 weeks and quickly wore off, especially as the dog, which was beautiful, got bigger and jumped up on Ellie everytime she got near her, bit her, chewed every hose and pair of shoes we own etc. etc. So I'd finally had it last week. Called my uncle and asked him if he'd take the dog back. He agreed, so while Matt was at work I got a few pics of Ellie with her, loaded her in the truck and drove to my uncle's. Ellie had agreed for months that we didn't want the dog and she wanted to get rid of her. Of course, all that changes when it really comes down to getting rid of her. So needless to say, I was sick to my stomach the whole way over and me and Ellie sobbed there and back, but I did it and it's been Heaven without her. I'm just not a dog person. I've been enjoying my poop free backyard again and not having to argue with Ellie every morning to go take care of her. Part of me does miss her though! Thanks Matt for allowing us this opportunity!!!!! I'm not at all bitter!

0 comments: