Sunday, September 28, 2008

MY NEW RIDE!


I wish I were reporting that my new ride is the White VW camper Eurovan, but after much research and looking, I've given up on having one (I know many of you are disappointed). You seriously can't find them in Utah. Utahns just don't have good taste in vehicles. Plus, to get one with reasonable miles and year, they are so expensive. VW quit sending them to the US in 2003, so that's the newest one you can buy and they are well into the $30,000's.
Okay, so all that aside I bought a Honda Pilot (w/ the 3rd seat) and I'm excited and loving it. Matt is out of town on a hunting trip and left me the Volvo - which he's thrashed and needed so much work and I went and traded it in for my new ride. When I called him to say, "should I buy it" he was a bit shocked and said, "Myken sleep on it". I didn't. He won't care. I'm sure he'll be excited, but everyone can't believe I did it. I did buy his truck while he was at work, without him seeing or driving it, remember. And he was tickled. He's relieved not to have to look, drive, have the anxiety that comes with buying a new car. I'll keep you posted if his reaction is different than my prediction. I bought Black cause I love it, but the city of American Fork is completely under road construction and it's already filthy. It'll be awhile before I can keep it clean, which is going to drive me crazy. OK enough! I'm going to cruise Main!

4 comments:

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

I love it, although I am disappointed that you couldn't find the Eurovan! Just kidding! I feel much better about the pilot! Looks like you'll be cruisin main often now!

Amy said...

OK so my freakishly neat friend will have to suffer just a little longer not being able to keep her car 100% clean all the time, poor thing. I LOVE your car, you did GREAT! Let us know what Matt says.

Angeline said...

Nice job with the pilot choice. Great minds think alike. I love mine and all the versitility that it has. The funky seating arrangments, the great cargo space, how roomy it is. It is a great ride. You won't regret it, maybe the color black, but not the new wheels.
Take Care, Angeline

Bean There...Done That said...

SwEeT new ride! I saw you speeding down 300 yesterday afternoon, I wanted to honk but I didn't want to draw too much attention to the three beautiful blondes cruisin A.F. Matt is going to love it!
Love Ya
Allison